The Vessel

My friend discovered this vignette at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens the other day and we sat in the sun painting to our heart's delight.  It was a glorious day after several filled with clouds.  I was inspired by the light reflecting off the dark vase, which stood at least five feet tall on a wall of granite.   I resisted the urge to climb up and look inside.  What would I have found?  When we look inside the dark, do we find any light?  Dan Fogelberg wrote a line in a song, "There's a light in the depths of your darkness".  It's a wonderful song...full of hope despite all that is not right in the world.  My compass point these days is to remember I am God's vessel, reflecting His light in the darkness.  Leaning on His strength day by precious day.  

  ~~~This painting is in a private collection in Maine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Antique Watering Cans~~one of my favorite subjects!

Liesel's Story (Humble Beginnings)

Entry One